LAKE EYRE TOUR
TWO DAY TOUR DEPARTING FROM BRISBANE (ARCHERFIELD) AIRPORT
Most of the time, Kati Thanda – Lake Eyre is a glisteniong salt pan in the South Australian outback. But when enough water flows through the web of rivers that feed it, the lake starts to fill. The catchment area that drains into the lake covers a staggering 1.2 million square kilometres (roughly one-sixth of Australia.)
Altitude Aviation have put together a two day weekend air tour to experience the magnificence of Lake Eyre, overnighting at William Creek. The flight will depart from our Archerfield base in Brisbane, flying to Charleville and then to the iconic location of Birdsville. After a refreshing drink and a bite to eat we continue South West to the William Creek.
The next day we depart William Creek to take an air tour around the breathtaking Lake Eyre then tracking via Marree to experience the Marree Man (Stuart’s Giant). We will track via Thargomindah and then returning to Archerfield airport at around 5pm on Sunday afternoon.
Don’t miss this amazing opportunity to see the natural wonder that is Lake Eyre.
Archerfield – Charleville – Birdsville – William Creek
- 7:00 Meet the friendly Altitude Aviation crew at our Archerfield hangar to meet your friendly pilot, load up your overnight bags and at 8:00 depart Archerfield for Longreach.
- After a quick fuel stop at Charleville we set track for the Birdsville where we will have a cold drink and some lunch at the iconic Birdsville Hotel.
- After lunch we set sail for William Creek Station for some outback hospitality and some pub grub.
William Creek – Marree Man – Thargomindah – Archerfield
- After an early breakfast at William Creek we take a breathtaking tour of Lake Eyre before tracking to the South East to overfly the iconic Marree Man.
- A quick fuel stop and break to stretch the legs at Thargomindah before flying through to our home base at Archerfield Airport.
- Luxury private charter aircraft by Altitude Aviation
- All accommodation
- All meals and beverages
- Snacks and refreshments
- All stopover ground transfers, tours, activities and entry fees
- Accommodation at William Creek Hotel. The rooms are equipped with air conditioning and TV
Altitude Aviation have been operating charter flights throughout Australia since 2005. Trust Altitude Aviation for your next charter flight or Air Tour